The Hastings/Havelock North combined parishes established 2002 is the grouping of 3 parishes; Sacred Heart est. 1882; St Peter Chanel est. 1966 both in Hastings City and Our Lady of Lourdes, Havelock North est. 1968. Including also our Maori Eucharistic community at PakiPaki, and the Aubert Centre in Flaxmere from which the Home of Compassion Sisters serve the community. There is also a church, Madonna Maria, in Frederick St in front of St Mary's School. On Pentecost Sunday 2008 Bishop Peter promulgated a new Pastoral Plan which made the whole of the Hawkes Bay deanery into one Pastoral Area, covering from Central Hawkes Bay to Wairoa.